Guest Post Guidelines
I welcome guest posts. Here are some guidelines that will make the process simpler and faster for both of us.
Make the Post Interesting and Useful
I like to provide my readers with information they can use and content that is thought-provoking. Offer something useful, practical, educational and relevant.
- Do you have a suggestion for making software development teams or business managers more agile?
- Can you suggest tips or techniques that will help teams and/or managers be more successful?
- Is there a technology or an open-source tool that you think people need to know more about? Why?
The Post Should Be Unique
BrainsLink content needs to be different — a new idea or an old idea with a new spin.
- Be creative. Take a chance. What will make readers pay attention?
- Disagree with something I said? Make a counter argument.
- Have a real life experience to share that may be useful to us? Tell us about it.
Well-Written Posts Are a Must
I do a lot of writing including a monthly newspaper column. Good writing is important. I can help edit your posting if you like but the core content needs to be good.
- Stay focused. Don’t try to cover too many topics or make too many points.
- Spelling and grammar mistakes are a real turn-off. Keep it professional.
- Draw a conclusion, if you can. Don’t leave the readers hanging.
- Include a short paragraph about yourself as the author. Include a link to your site.
- Include a link to a relevant post on this blog, if applicable. Also link out to other sites, as needed.
- Keep it non-promotional. This is not an offer for free advertising.
- Submit your post in Word .doc format or as a simple text file.
- Please credit all sources. We don’t plagiarize.
- Your post must be original in some way. Please don’t just copy and paste from another source.
- It’s your post and you retain ownership. I have the right to use it however I please on brainslink.com.
Email me. Tell me a little about yourself and include a brief summary of what you’d like to submit. Please provide a link to your site or your blog.
- June 2013 (8)
- May 2013 (13)
- April 2013 (13)
- March 2013 (13)
- February 2013 (12)
- January 2013 (12)
- December 2012 (7)
- November 2012 (11)
- October 2012 (12)
- September 2012 (8)
- August 2012 (11)
- July 2012 (13)
- June 2012 (12)
- May 2012 (13)
- April 2012 (13)
- March 2012 (13)
- February 2012 (12)
- January 2012 (13)
- December 2011 (12)
- November 2011 (12)
- October 2011 (13)
- September 2011 (14)
- August 2011 (18)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (18)
- May 2011 (19)
- April 2011 (16)
- March 2011 (21)
- February 2011 (20)
- January 2011 (22)
- December 2010 (21)
- November 2010 (16)
- July 2010 (2)